John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Yesterday my Canon Printer Mod MG5320 Serial Number

Customer Question

Yesterday my Canon Printer Mod MG5320 Serial Number 39725ACMY Worked satisfactorily.
To day when I turned it on and tried to print, it would not print and showed a message
The type of print head is incorrect, Install the correct print head. I removed all the ink cartridges, cleaned the contacts and replaced them. All the lights lit before this cleaning and after. I lifted a frame on the cartridge carrier but could not determine how to remove the print head. I was concerned to attempt getting it out as I could see electrical contact ribbons on the unit. I unplugged the contact power wires in hopes it would reset itself. That did not solve the problem. When I turn on the unit the ink carrier moves as though it is ready to print after cleaning the heads. It is at that point the message appears and the printer will not function and just sits there doing nothing. Thank you for your attention to my problem. Mike Hornberger
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 7 months ago.

Sorry to hear about the problem you are facing, this is a one of the horrible problems, which Canon customers face with their printers, before I begin, can you tell me what is the age of the printer, is it less than 1 year old ?