Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

My Epson WP-4530 will not print. Screen says I need to

Customer Question

My Epson WP-4530 will not print. Screen says I need to replace the Magenta Cartridge. It is still almost filled full with ink. I have removed it and replaced it several times - with no luck. I also cleaned the contacts with an alcohol pad. I also turned off the printer and turned it back on - no luck. What do you recommend?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unplugged the printer for 30 minutes and then plugged it back in. Then I turned the printer "ON". Then I tried to print and could not. What do you advise?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Ok, remove the Magenta cartridge and clean the inside of the slot it sits in with a damp cloth.

Remove all dried ink in it then let it sit for 20 minutes to dry

Once done, put the cartridge back in and tell me if it now allows you to print please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I removed the Magenta Cartridge - Cleaned the slot - but it had no residue. Cleaned the magenta port gently to remove any dried ink - there was none. What ink was present was moist. Waited 20 minutes. Tried to print. Said I should cartridge. What do you advise now?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, did it do this with the previous cartridge?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry - I did not make clear what I meant to sayThe screen told me to "replace the Magenta Cartridge". This is the same message I have seen for the last week. On this EPSON WP-4530 printer - I NEVER REPLACE the cartridge ... I REFILL THEM. As I said in the beginning to you ...this cartridge is almost completely filled and does NOT NEED to be REPLACED or REFILLED.I am going to tell you something else that MAY be playing into this problem. I have had this printer about a year. About six months ago the printer came up with the message "YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE FOLLOWING CARTRIDGE" ... and the ERROR light began to flash as it always does when that message come up. I examined the cartridge it asked me to REPLACE. The ink cartridge was OK. And so I opened and closed the access door to the ink cartridges. I opened and closed the door a second time and the document printed.And so, for the last six months every time I need to print a document, after I give the print command, the "error" light flashes .. and I open and close the access door two (2) times and the document will print.This has BEEN A SUCCESSFUL WAY TO PRINT HUNDREDS OF DOCUMENTS FOR THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS. HOWEVER, A week ago, that procedure stopped working. That is when I went online to get help from Epson and how I was put in contact with you.At this point I do NOT know if you are employed by the EPSON COMPANY or your company just "TOOK OVER" from my inquiry to EPSON for help.What do you advise?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I did see you refilled them but I wanted you to try a different cartridge as one of two things are happening.

Either the cartridge is failing (the circuit on them) and needs replacing, or the printer head on the printer.

Based on your last explanation, it does point to the print head but we would need to try a new cartridge in order to confirm this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please remove my name from your data base. I was trying to get to Epson when you took over. I don't understand those things - but please do not contact me again. Your service and suggestions did not solve my problem. I just turned off my printer and was going to go and buy a new printer. However, -I waited a few days and finally it started working again without me changing cartridges or doing anything with the print head. I see you charged me anyway - but I don't understand the second charge.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Please speak to customer service about that thanks. We did not solve the problem as we did not finish analyzing the problem, you quit halfway.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Consider the CASE CLOSED!
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, please do not reply as I need to respond to every message you send