Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

This is about an LT5000 laser printer. The Status light is

Customer Question

This is about an LT5000 laser printer. The Status light is red. The paper light is flashing yellow, but both trays have paper and it is making a steady clicking sound.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is the printer?

Does it get power without a surge protector?

When you open any of the doors, does the clicking stop at any point ? if so determine what door opening stops the clicking.

Also try removing all paper from both paper trays. And try clearing the printer's queue on the computer that prints to it. See if either stops the clicking.

And, try opening the printer, and re-seating the cartridge(s), one at a time. See if that does it, also.

And, try leaving it Off long enough to cool down... which takes as much as an hour to cool thoroughly, being a laser printer. Let me know how it goes, and I will advise you further as appropriate to what you find out.