Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I am trying to figure out if the Cannon MP495 can scan a

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out if the Cannon MP495 can scan a page into the Windows 7 computer.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I hit the scan button, the only option is to print, but I want to be able to send it to the computer. is that functionality available on this printer?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not at this time
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following.

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
  2. Click Scan at the bottom of the left pane.

3. On the toolbar, click New Scan.

4. In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then choose Photos/Documents. The default settings for scanning a document, which you can use or change, are automatically displayed.

5. To see how your document will appear when scanned, click Preview.

6. Click Scan.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!