John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer Canon MP610. OS 10.11.1. In Preview, Import from

Customer Question

Printer Canon MP610. OS 10.11.1. In Preview, Import from Scanner, only shows up grey. Cannot select to scan doc.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Using OS10.11.1 with Canon MP610 printer/scanner. can print fine but Import from Scanner only shows up grey. cannot scan.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: nope.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that there is no driver available for the printer that is compatible with Mac OS X 10.11. I would suggest you try Image Capture and if the issue persists, I would suggest you get another printer/scanner.

Scan using Image Capture : http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

Thank you.

S H E F I N