Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

My printer MG5522 will not respond to my computer - Windows

Customer Question

My printer MG5522 will not respond to my computer - Windows 7. I installed a new Verizon router just prior to this. I have run the troubleshooting programs without success. Verizon has checked also without seeing any problem on their end.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The problem is, the connection was established through the old router. Since you changed the router, you need to re-establish the connection again on with new router. Did you try connecting the printer to new WiFI network ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

There are three methods to establish the new WiFi connection on your printer

Method 1 : WPS (If your router/modem has a WPS button)

In the Printers home screen, select Wireless LAN Setup (open Setup if needed). Select WPS and follow the onscreen instructions to connect to your printer

Method 2 : By connecting to Wireless network manually on your printer

For this you need to know your new WiFi Network and password. Once you have this, on your printer, open Wireless LAN Setup. Select Standard Setup. From the list of networks, select your WiFi network, enter password ***** asked and connect. Click OK and proceed. This will connect it to network.

Method 3 : Using your computer to setup WiFi on your printer

For this you need to download the Canon software.

Download the Canon printer software for your computer from this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg5522

In the above website, click MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

Download and open it. Now follow the onscreen instructions. When you get option to setup the printer through USB, LAN or Wireless choose Wireless or WiFi. Then follow the onscreen instructions to setup WiFi on your printer. This will allow you to save the WiFi configuration on to your printer directly from your computer.

Now try to print from your computer. Please let me know if that didn't work