Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have already done this. My Canon printer MG 2160 prints a

Customer Question

I have already done this. My Canon printer MG 2160 prints a lot of unnecessary colour background on the Internet and does not print out the receipt properly, in Police Bank (Australia) when I print a receipt.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you ought to consult briefly with

File - Print Preview

before sending such a web page to print. You may find it needs its print settings adjusted, in order not to have the printer produce a lot of background color or the like... Print Preview, in most web browsers, will produce a WYSIWYG image of how the printout would look, without actually having to send it.

As for getting a colored background - or, shutting it Off - depending upon what browser yoiu are using, you have various ways to get to this settings:

X Print background colors and images

or the like. (See this Yale University page, as a guide to where specific browser programs have this setting:

http://its.yale.edu/how-to/article-printing-web-page-background-colors-and-images

)

I think this information will help with the issue.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.