John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MP530 won't print from the PC or copy a document. This

Customer Question

My MP530 won't print from the PC or copy a document. This occurred after there was a message to change the PGBK5 cartridge, which I did - with 4 different cartridges. When I tried to print a document, nothing would print. When I copied, nothing would copy. I did the recommended maintenance checks and deep cleaning, and the test page still shows that the PGBK5 cartridge is not printing (and causing nothing to print). Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

If you are using genuine Canon cartridges but you still get the issue, then please try with a printhead cleaner like this one ====> Print Head Cleaning kit for HP and Canon Printers: 5oz 150ml <=== Click Here

This should fix your issue, otherwise the printhead is defective. In that case if the printer is still in warranty you can get a new one for free. If the printer is out of warranty and the printhead cleaner doesn't fix the issue (very unlikely) then I recommend to buy a new printer, because a new printhead can be very expensive, usually more expensive than a new printer.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====