John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer PIXMA MG5320 - feeds paper but does not print.

Customer Question

Printer PIXMA MG5320 - feeds paper but does not print. Wireless Printer IMac Computer
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I connected with technician?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Have you connected the printer to your wireless network already?

Also, if you try to make a copy from the printer itself, does it work?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will copy--no problem there. Just not printing from computer. Recently upgraded browser to El Capitan. Could this be the problem?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Was it working well before upgrading to El Capitan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem prior to switching to El Capitan.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK, please download and install this driver "mcpd-mac-mg5300-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg" from here ===> DRIVER <=== Click here

Download and install it, then try to print.

If that does not work, please let me know so we can try with the Gutenprint drivers.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is file name?mcpd....,,,,,?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded and nothing happens. Printer icon bounces on computer screen and message Support 300 -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When initially contacting was asked for CC and indicated charge for first month. Is the $25 shown above in addition to that
charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John - Printer and computer still not working. Now it prints the copy I made when you asked I check to see if it would copy.
Frustrating.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please follow the steps below.

1- Download the Gutenprint 5.2.111 drivers. You can download them from here:http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php <=== Click here

2- After the download finishes, install it.

3- Unplug the printer from your computer

4- From your computer, go to Apple icon on the upper left corner, then click System Preferences and then click "Printers & Scanners"

5- Select the printer and delete it clicking the [-] button

6- Right click a blank space under "Printers" and choose "Reset printing system". If Right click does not work, press the control key on the keyboard while you click on the white area.

7- Restart the computer going to the apple icon again on the upper left, then click Restart, Restart.

8- Then when the computer is restarting, plug the printer back to the Mac using its USB cable.

9- Now please go to apple icon, System Preferences, Printers & Scanners, and click the [+] button to add it. Make sure the printer is ON and plugged to the Mac with its USB cable (recommended). If you don't have a USB cable for your printer, follow the step below as well:

10- Then click Use: Select Software, Canon MG5320 or MG5300 Series - CUPS Gutenprint v5.2.11

Please keep me posted

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert very cordial and nice but could not help with problem. Please remove me from just answer . Thank yiu