Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I just bought a new Epson WorkForce-3640 printer. I can't

Customer Question

I just bought a new Epson WorkForce-3640 printer. I can't seem to get the the 2 paper cassettes to work. I need to print on large 8x10" paper but instead it prints on 4x6" photo paper in cassette 1. How do I differ the 2 apart?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that you have the trays still on their default settings. The settings for Tray 1 or Cassette 1 need to be changed to 8 x 10 ", if they are printing on a different size.

There are two main places to look for such a setting. The first is on your computer (given that you have installed the Epson 3640 drivers correctly), and should be various places depending upon whether the computer is a Windows PC or an Apple computer.

(On a Windows PC look in

Control Panel - Devices and Printers

and right-click on your printer's logo there, and select Properties. Look for 'Paper Size' there along with a Paper Tray specific option, or similar setting. Change it to 8 x 10, then save the changed setting by clicking on OK until the Properties sheet(s) close(s).)

The other setting would be the Paper Source setting.

The other possible setting would be on the printer itself. But I doubt there is one.