Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just bought a Canon MG 3620 printer. It will not print

Customer Question

I just bought a Canon MG 3620 printer. It will not print from my Mac Computer and says that it off line.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, i need to know what version of Mac osx you have. You can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, how are you connecting the Canon printer to your mac, using the usb cord or via a network?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mac OS X 10.7.5I'm connecting by usb cord
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. Lets try these repairs in order.

First, turn your Canon printer off. Then..

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Once the printing system has been reset, run this repair next

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete.. All we need to do now is download a fresh copy of the printer software, install it, and this will install the printer and get it working again.

To get the driver, go to this page https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/pixma-mg3620?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25

And under recommended downloads download the "MG3600 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X) 12/10/ 158.06 MB"

Once you download and install that file, it will reinstall your printer and you should be good to go!

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know. And if you would prefer I can connect to your mac from here and run through the repairs and the printer install process on screen for you, in person. Let me know if youd like to try that option.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

HI, I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection, so i could connect to your computer and fix these issues in person.

However, the system told me the payment failed.. So I have sent the offer back to you. Once you have accepted and paid for the premium service offer I sent you, I can then send you the connection steps so I can connect and fix this issue for you.

Dustin S.