JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My Sharp AL-1340 shows "toner out", but this generic

Customer Question

My Sharp AL-1340 shows "toner out", but this generic cartridge was only a few months old and has very little use as a personal copier. I usually refill cartridges (inks and toners) and this cartridge was already half full but I filled it up anyway. The "toner out" light doesn't quit . I tried an older toner cartridge that was making overly light copies but was ok - toner wise. Is there a "work around" on this "toner out" indication like the defeat for the drum count? Or, is there a circuit problem - like a bad chip or whatever?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. You may have overfilled the toner cartridge, so that the indicator is out of range. When the indicator is out of the valid range, too full is interpreted as empty. You may be able to remove some of the toner to correct the problem. Please let me know if this works for you.