Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a Brother MFC-J4710DW. From the keypad I can print a

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-J4710DW. From the keypad I can print a test page. From the wired LAN, when I print anything (Document, test page,etc) it takes hours to happen. I checked to see if there are any time restrictions on printing and found none. All other functions seem to be working normally (Scan from keypad or computer and copy from the machine) Running Windows 7. Wired network look good. All DHCP. Keep in mind I can scan giving commands from the computer or the keypad.
I have tried turning the Norton Firewall. Still did not work.
My last print job took 2 hours. (test page).
Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Can you clarify if at any point since using the printer via a wired lan, has it ever printed in a normal time frame from your windows 7 computer?

Is this printing delay a new issue, or has it existed since the first time you connect the printer via the lan?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The printer has always been a little slow to respond to a print job, but never two hours. This has worked with windows 7 and windows xp. The delayed print started within the last two weeks.The condition exists from two computers and samsung galaxy s4 phone running app brother "I Print" APP.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

With the issue affecting 3 different devices that are trying to print to the printer. This tells me a few things.

The issue is wireless related, either to the printers wireless connection or settings, or the routers.

So lets try the following, try unplugging the wireless router, and the printer from power for 1 minute. Actually unplug them from the socket. Then plug them back in and test.

if you dont see the printer printing in the first 30 seconds.. Then move to the next step.

Reset the printers network settings, heres how

Once reset, reconnect the printer to the wireless network. On the printers control panel go to network, wlan, setup wizard. Reconnect the printer to the wireless network.

Once its reconnected, attempt to print.. Any change in the time or printing behavior?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.