Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My husbands old printer was recently pulled out of storage,

Customer Question

My husbands old printer was recently pulled out of storage, and while it seems to work fine, it has a shaddow or double. I was just reading the answers to someone else having the same problem... Ours is a DCP-330C
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. .. thank you
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm on Windows 8..
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you.

Just out of curiosity, was the paper also in storage? The reason I ask is because the exact issue you are seeing can sometimes be caused by slightly damp paper. Keep in mind when I say damp I dont mean that the paper would feel wet to the touch. Merely that over time it had absorbed moisture from the air.. A new packet of paper is the easiest and cheapest way to rule that out. And its an important step.

Other wise, we need to make some changes to the printer software. Such as these changes below.

From that page, you want to focus on aligning the printhead and cleaning the printhead.

An alignment and a cleaning may solve the issue outright.

if not, t hen consider the steps on this page next.

If you are still having the same issues after the steps outlined in the links above.. Then I would definitely get a new pack of paper and test with that.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.