John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My name is ***** *****. My Brother MFC-255CW won't print

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. My Brother MFC-255CW won't print black even though I just replaced the cartridge.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There was a Yellow cartridge where the black belongs. Not sure how that happened. Didn't realize that. Bought a new black cartridge today and replaced it. But still prints almost yellow.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

It could be that there is yellow ink still inside the black ink receptacle on the printhead. Please try printing -let's say- 10 pages to see if the black ink starts to flow.

If after 10 or 15 pages the black ink doesn't show on paper, please let me know if the ink cartridge is genuine Brother, or is it refilled or generic?

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====