Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I HAVE A MG5300 CANON PRINTER, MANAGE TO REMOVE JAMMED PAPER

Customer Question

I HAVE A MG5300 CANON PRINTER, MANAGE TO REMOVE JAMMED PAPER & ABIT OF TORN PAPER. BUT THE ERROR MESSAGE 6A81 KEEPS APPEARING.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: AT THE MOMENT, ONLY THE ERROR MESSAGE KEEPS APPEARING. IT SAYS TO REFER TO MANUAL. BUT I DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE MANUAL.'
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: WHEN I SWITCH ON THE PRINTER, THERE'S NO USUAL SOUND OF WHEN A PRINTER STARTS UP.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error means the purge unit (under the printhead/carriage) or something associated with it, is jamming. A loose part may be the cause, or something similar. Open the printer, with the power off, and examine the parts that might affect the carriage and/or printhead, try to gently move the printhead aside, etc.

At worst, the printer may need repairing or replacing.

(How old is the printer?)

Let me know what you find, please.