JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.

I have a pretty old Canon MP530 printer. I would like to be

Customer Question

I have a pretty old Canon MP530 printer. I would like to be able to scan a document and send it by email from my Mac book. Can figure out how to make it work.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've never scanned a doc before. I've only used my printer as a copier. But would love to be able to scan the sheet of paper I have and send it off in an email.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I am using OS X version 10.11.1
JA: Our top Mac Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mac Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mac Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. You need to download and install the scanner driver and navigator softwared from the link below:

It would be a good idea to remove the printer icon that you are using and to install the new printer driver as well. After you have done this, you can open the navigator software and select the scanner. Please let me know if you need assistance with this or if you have any questions.