John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have two hp printers. One is a wireless and I can't get it

Customer Question

I have two hp printers. One is a wireless and I can't get it to print. The other one is a printer fax. I can send a fax, but cannot receive one?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the printer?

Please note however that while I'm happy to help you with both of these issues, this is a "per use" service, and I can only address one question at a time. Pick which one you'd like to work on here, and you can post the other topic separately.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a HP 1212mp and I use it as a printer and a fax. I can send a fax, but can't receive. I've been told that it only rings and rings and rings.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Have you ever received a fax on it before?

As a quick test, have someone send you a fax, and when it rings, press the black/start button on the hp, and let me know if it receives then.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had two people try to send mme a fax and it rings and rigs. I tried hitting the receive button and that didn't work either.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me what you see on the display when someone tries to send?
Have you been able to receive on it successfully before?