Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

How to clear the error code SC542 on Ricoh SPC252sf

Customer Question

how to clear the error code SC542 on Ricoh SPC252sf
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer

let me know the operating system installed on the computer connected to the printer

how old is the printer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, the printer connected to a network, I have more then 5 computers connected through the network (2 OS10.11, 3 WIN10); the printer is just 5 months old and this problem occur after an electricity failure in our area due to a heavy rain storm and once the electricity been fixed it appear this message on the printer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried to do some research over the internet and it seems that this code is related to the Fuser Unit failure; I have tried to switch it Off and On several times but without any results. There are some videos on youtube for showing how to reset this error but not to this specific model and as such I am seeking your help!
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Remove the cartridges\toner from the printer

unplug the network cable and power cable from printer

Keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for 10 - 15 mins

then plug in only the power cord and turn on printer

reinsert the toner

then let me know if error repeats

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did exactly what you have said but unfortunately the problem still the same!
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

the error is same?

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

let me know when you are online

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

The error is trig erred by the fuser assembly of the printer basically it has 2 thermostats or the fuser bulb is dead.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
correct the error still SC542
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any idea if this could be ordered online within Europe!
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

as i said in my last post answer the problem could be the bad thermostat installed in the fuser assembly and second it could be the fuser assembly heating bulb which is dead and they are replaceable parts available in the printer spares store,

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a yellow button "clear modes" on the printer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not at all
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

i can look for a store in Europe for spares however before ordering the whole fuser assembly unit which will be a bit expensive i would like you to remove the power cable and then open the printer and remove the fuser assemble and then use a volt meter to check the fuser bulb if its fused or not and if not the you can remove the thermostat and order according to teh part number.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

Please note: "Electric hazard" do not forget to unplug the printer power cable from the wall outlet.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do that but it might takes me a bit of time
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Noted, thanks!
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

i am looking for a store in Cyprus where you can order the part after you identify the bad part.

Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.