Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

Just bought Epson WF-3640 and getting error 0xE5 on printer,

Customer Question

Just bought Epson WF-3640 and getting error 0xE5 on printer
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Loaded printer from CD. When set up on printer it does something but then gives me error code
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** me know the results

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still same error code
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

The code refers to a faulting Print Head, it appears it was not manufactured correctly

Residue power can cause this but we have now ruled this out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you