Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

What does error code OxF1 mean?

Customer Question

What does error code OxF1 mean?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0xF1 is FATAL and it indicates that print head (or carriage) not being able to completely pass from the left to right side during startup. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flash light to check inside the printer. This also happens if the mechanics/gears inside the printer got loose or out of sync.

Also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer and unplug it for 2 minutes, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. If you feel resistance, then DO NOT move with hand as it may break it. Just unplug it, leave it there for 2 minutes and plug it back. Turn it on and see if it works.

If you have a vaccum cleaner or air blower, then clear or blow inside the printer.

If it still not working then it is a mechanical problem not a software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. You will have to send it to Epson or printer technician to dissemble it and get it fixed or have the parts replaced

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.