Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

Can you help me....i have accidently deleted all the photos

Customer Question

Hi can you help me....i have accidently deleted all the photos in my Gallary on my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone....they are not backed up onto anything and i have some really important photos i need back....please help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi Kylie and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry about the loss. As you probably already know, when you delete something from your phone, only the reference to that file is being deleted and the actual file will be still there for a limited time* and could be recovered using third party data recovery applications. These deleted files will be there until they are over written with new ones. It is possible to retrieve deleted files like photos. But that completely depends up on how much you used your phone after you deleted them.

If you have taken photos or videos, downloaded apps etc after you deleted them then the chance of them getting recovered is slim to none. Because they might be over written with new ones.

The more you use the phone, the more it become hard to recover. However, you can attempt to recover them using the following applications

Dr.Fone for Android from Wondershare -->

EaseUs -->

The application are paid ones, so try the trial versions before buying it. Again, I can't guarantee they can be recovered. If you are unable to recover them, please don't rate me bad or poor as this is something I can only give instructions on and the success completely depends up on the factors I mentioned.

Note : Using the above recovery application will result in rooting/hacking of your phone. This may void your warranty on the phone. If you don't want to lose warranty, please don't use the above applications

The recovery applications might not work if you have already update to latest Android 6.0 or 6.0.1 Marshmallow version

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.