John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I need to connect my scanner to a new computer but no longer

Customer Question

I need to connect my scanner to a new computer but no longer have my cd rom
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have it connected and it scans but I have no idea where it files what I have scanned, and on my old computer I had desktop icons that made it real easy to scan, but with my new computer it is running windows 10 and I can not seem to get it set up properly.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your scanner?

Do you mean the scanned files are not in your Documents or Pictures?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,