Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.

My Brother machine was working perfectly until it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My Brother machine was working perfectly until it experienced a misfeed of paper from the paper tray. Now it will not print anything on the paper (either from the computer through usb or straight copy mode). I have checked the machine for any torn scraps of paper and do not see any.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I'm aware of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** ask what the model of your Brother Printer is?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brother model mfcj870dw

Hello. I have located a video that shows each place to clear the jam. It's really short. Check out the video and if you still have a jam, then I can help you proceed further. If you have a can of compressed air, that is always good if a problem such as this persists.