Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I purchased a Canon mg 6620 printer with my MAC all-in-one

Customer Question

I purchased a Canon mg 6620 printer for use with my MAC all-in-one (no DVD drive) and set it up for wireless printing. However, I continually get messages about a "communication error" that prevents me from being able to print anything. How do I reset the printer so that it's hardwired to the computer with a USB cable? I can't find any menu item on the printer screen that basically allows me to re-set.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Make sure printer is powered on and connected to computer with the USB printer cable.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax)
  4. Click on the Canon printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
  5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then select add printer option, then select the Canon printer with USB option, and add it.
  6. Check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Also, on the printer's HOME screen, you can flick / swipe the screen, then select the option Setup (tool / wrench icon), then tap on option Device settings, then tap on option LAN settings, then tap on option Change LAN, then you can disable the option wireless LAN / access point mode there. But you don't have to do that if the printer is working fine after using the solution in my previous reply.

- If there is still any issue or if you need anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,