Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an MG5520 printer. It is old but it works like a

Customer Question

I have an MG5520 printer. It is old but it works like a dream. Today, however, I dropped an ink cartridge inside accidentally while changing ink. I can't seem to fish it out, and it is flashing and won't work I need some advice and help with this. Janet V
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi Janet, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

My best advice in this situation is to open the printer like you were going to change the ink cartridges.

Then, carefully turn the printer upside down and shake it. That should get the ink cartridge to fall loose. And it sounds like the ink cartridge falling into the machine was your only issue.

If that doesnt help you get to the ink catridge, we may have to disassemble the machine. Which is not an easy task and even on my best day I normally fail to get all the screws to go back into the machine!

So if needed, get someone else to grab the other side of the printer and give it a good shake, you should be able to get the ink cartridge to fall loose or at least fall to a position where you can pull it out.

If this doesnt work for you , let me know! And on a side note, there shouldnt be any excess ink or leakage but if your shaking the machine over carpet, you may want to lay out an old towel or sheet as if some ink does come out it tends to stain~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.