Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a new brother Hl-l2360dw which I want to use iPhone

Customer Question

I have a new brother Hl-l2360dw which I want to use iPhone and iPad mobile devices with. Trying to set up wlan with my one-button wap. Printer and wap are 2 feet apart. Can't get connected to wireless network uverse.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Just a uverse network
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have access to a computer there ? If so we can establish the wireless connection using your computer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Is that an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can remotely connect to your computer and setup the WiFi on your printer myself using your computer for you while you watch ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MacBook Pro
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Help me learn
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Sure. I will send you instructions now. Please stay online

Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

There are three methods to establish WiFi connection on your printer

Method 1 : WPS

Press the WiFi on your printer for 5 seconds and it will go into pairing mode. Now within 1 minute, press the WPS button on your router for 1-3 seconds and your printer will be paired.

Method 2 : By connecting to Wireless network manually on your printer

For this you need to know your WiFi Network and password.

Follow the instructions in this video--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeARGVWU-t4

Method 3 : Using your Mac to setup WiFi on your printer

For this you need to download the Brother software.

Download the Brother printer software for your Mac from this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2360dw_us

In the above website, click Mac for OS Family. Select your OS X version. Click Search button.

Click Full Driver & Software Package to download the printer software. Once the software is downloaded, open your Downloads and open the downloaded file. Now follow the onscreen instructions. When you get option to setup the printer through USB, LAN or Wireless choose Wireless or WiFi. Then follow the onscreen instructions to setup WiFi on your printer. This will allow you to save the WiFi configuration on to your printer directly from your Mac.

Once it is done, just restart your iPhone and iPad and also your printer. Then you will be able to print from your iPhone and iPad, and also from your Mac through WiFi.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you