Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just bought an Epson 2630 about a month ago and I need to

Customer Question

Hi there, I just bought an Epson 2630 about a month ago and I need to change the black cartridge only problem the cartridges are all the way over to the right and I can't get to the cartridge to change it out. I know it should be in the middle to allow me to change it, what step am I missing? Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

If you are not seeing the low ink message on your machine, then here is how you get the carriage to move to center so you can replace the ink tanks.

On the epson printer itself, Press the up or down arrow button to select Setup and press the OK button. Then select Maintenance > Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement and press one of the Start buttons.

Then, when you open the scanner lid the carriage should move to center and you will be able to replace the ink tanks. If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Dustin, Thanks for getting back to me I have try this way and it still won't move to the center :-( It is giving me the low ink black message. I know it is not jammed because I can still print a document but the black ink is getting really know. It should move to the center to change but its not. Its kind of hard to follow the prompts the machine gives you 0k>proceed crazy! so should I try to exchange it following your instruction or attempt the way when its giving you the message of low ink.Also when I prompt through the maintenance it doesn't have a prompt for ink cartridge replacement at least I haven't send it. I'm going to try again but I try to follow this a couple times yesterday but was not successful even tried to turn it off and back on but the same thing. Thanks for your help Dustin,Mike
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dustinbelieve I'm god was finally able to get to it your way. Still kind of hard but thanks for you help.Mike
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Mike.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Im working the evening shift today and have just signed in to work.

Glad to hear that you were able to get through the maintenance screens and complete the task.

Since I was able to help you, it would be appropriate to click and submit a rating at this time.

To request me personally at a later date, type in your question in the "ask your question" box on the below webpage.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-technicalsupport/

When typing out the question,start your questions with the text For Dustin S only".
As soon as I am notified of the request, I will get in contact with you.