Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an epson xp-435 and every time I try to print I get

Customer Question

Hi, I have an epson xp-435 and every time I try to print I get the error message "the printer is not connected" on my mac, despite the fact that my printer tells me it is connected
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions below and let me know if the issue persists.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed your instructions to step 4 but there are now no printers, including mine, to select from. What should I do now?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, through a wireless connection
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please setup wireless on the printer by following the instructions in the link below.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf435_/wf435_00ug/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Epson&file=basics.2.6.html

After setting up wireless,

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did set up wireless and it worked for one print job and then stopped working
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please try once again and check if the issue persists, even after setting up wireless and resetting the printing system.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N