Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Poersch, I have received the paper jam error with no paper

Customer Question

Hi ***** ***** Poersch, I am Cricket. I have received the paper jam error with no paper jam. I checked for paper jams, cleaned the rollers, all that was recommended. The carriage is stuck on the right side and you cannot force it to move. The paper pick up rollers will also not move. I would really appreciate any help but I must ask if there is a charge for your help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First and foremost, I have a degree in computers so when I tell you I have checked for jams, you can bet on it. Not being snotty here, just trying to save us some time. This is an HP Officejet 6500 E709a and I have come to understand that this is a common problem and HP no longer services them. I have tried every solution I can find with no results.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Hello there. You are right about all the things you said. If this is an easy fix, then it is worth it, but if not, it might be worth looking at a replacement printer. I recently wrote an article on this very issue and it has some steps in it that you can take to resolve the problem. Let me know if you have any questions. Here is a link to the article.'

http://www.brainchamber.com/2015/12/19/how-to-fix-a-paper-jam-error-when-there-isnt-a-jam/