Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

We keep getting the message: check paper output cover prn,

Customer Question

we keep getting the message: check paper output cover prn
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we put a new drum and toner in one week ago, printer running fine, now we keep getting this message, we've taken the drum out and removed the toner, putting toner back in drum, put drum in closed cover shut machine off, turned back on, still getting this message
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: we've checked all covers, turned machine off, unplugged from the wall, let it set a few mins., plugged back in turned machine on, still getting same message
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds like a problem with a Brother printer, at a guess... but let me know the maker and model # *****

You may have a stuck or broken sensor switch on your printer's paper output cover. (The cover to the output paper area, is what that is.) Locating the paper output cover sensor switch, and seeing whether it is jammed or broken, might help, though it is likely to be an invisible defect.

How old is the printer? if less than 1 year from purchase date, the repair (-f repair is needed, and that is unfortunately rather likely) would be free of charge under warranty.