John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't print from my computer. The status said offline. I

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I can't print from my computer. The status said offline. I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer and now the status says error, but it still won't print. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8620. I have a wireless connection to this computer and a wired connection to another computer. That one still prints. This one used to but just quit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. They both used to work fine, now only the wired one does. I ran a wireless network test on the printer and it seems to be fine, so I'm guessing is something with the computer rather than the printer.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

how is the printer connected to the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wirelessly
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you have the printers drivers disk handy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I downloaded it from the internet
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you might need the usb cable to connect the printer for the first to install the wireless driver software. Do you have the usb printer cable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know when you are ready we will try to install the printer on wireless without the usb and incase teh cable is required then you will have to get on from the computer store.