John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My name is ***** *****. I am getting error code 0x9d on my

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** *****. I am getting error code 0x9d on my Epson wf-3520. It happened after I replaced the ink cartridge. now I can't print.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tried to print a nozzle check and status report directly from the printer but I keep getting a message to turn it off and on again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, The 0x9D error means a stuck ink cartridge holder (carriage). Please Turn the printer off. Open the scanner to expose the carriage. When it moves to the left during post up stop it by pulling the power cable. Move the carriage it all the way to the left and close the scanner and then power it up. It should move freely and work normally.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Med, thanks for your assistance. I tried hat you suggested and it still does not print and gives me the same error code.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

is your printer still under warranty please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a doctors apt I have to run to. Be back after 5pm. Will you still be around? Also is the $26 additional to the $18 fee?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok, When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. if we can't help you solve the issue then You do not need to pay

Thank you