MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Nanette. using a remanufactured ink cartridge on my canon

Customer Question

nanette. using a remanufactured ink cartridge on my canon mx410. It doesn't recognize it. I've tried all kinds of things, and I can't get it to work. I don't have another color cartridge and a I need to print, so I'm hoping to fix this. I keep getting o59 u059
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You asked for more information. What kind of information do you need? Thank you
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Have you tried a different cartridge to determine if its the cartridge or the printer havign this fault?

This one could be either or?

But usually this one doesn't like all the re manufactured cartridges. I have seen this myself personally with my printer same mode lol;-)
You will likely need a different cartridge ;-(

The circuit on that one may be damaged in the cartridge itself as well.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The printer was working fine until I put in this color cartridge. It's the only one I have, and I'd like to find a way to use it, instead of going and buying another, especially now that I've paid $23 to get help on making it work. I've tried reinstalling it, gently cleaning it, etc. I've tried unplugging power to the printer and plugging back in. I've tried all the fixes described online, as far as holding the stop button and power button, pressing it several times, trying to clear it. I'm confused about how to use this service JustAnswer. I'm supposed to rate you before we get the issue handled? I'm very, very happy to rate you with the highest possible score as soon as my issue is handled. Is that what you meant? Thanks very much. I've not used this service before.

Hi, I wish I had a better answer, but these cartridges have electronics inside them, so the issue is with that circuit. Unfortunately they don't sell parts for the cartridges;-(

Only new cartridges to replace them. Another problem is the tiny gold pads become worn out and don't make good contact anymore when installed.

This is just one of those times, but if I were you, I would return that cartridge for a replacement, it is simply defective.

The should swap it for free;-)

Tech Mike