John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is creating two lines of indentations on paper.

Customer Question

My printer is creating two lines of indentations on paper. What could be the problem.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Indentations down left side of sheet - two lines - about one and a half inch apart.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

What's your printer brand and model?

Also, can you upload a picture of the issue?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brother - HL-3170 CDWThere are a series of deep indentations (mostly two parallel lines of indentations but also some indentations between the lines..irregular shapes). The first is about an inch and half from the left edge of the sheet and the second is about 3 inches from the left edge of the sheet. It looks like something is misaligned and has pressed down very hard on the paper. There are no visible marks (e.g. ink marks) so won't show up in a picture.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK, this is a mechanical problem then. Is the printer still in warranty?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK, as this is a mechanical issue please contact Brother Australia via email clicking here ====> Brother Technical Support Enquiry <====

Or call Brother Australia at 02 8875 6000

Sir/Madam, I know you would like a quick solution on this, and I would love nothing better than to get you one, but you will need to contact Brother in order to fix this issue. If the repair is more expensive than the printer then you will probably prefer to buy a new one.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====