Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Epson WorkForce 610 How do I turn the printer off?

Customer Question

Epson WorkForce 610
How do I turn the printer off ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bob.

Press and hold the on button for about 5 seconds and it should shut down.

The printer will also go into a "sleep" or eco mode on its own after a period of inactivity.

Unless you need to physically shut it down to move it, it is advised to leave it on at all times. The printer knows to go into a parked mode when idle to cap the printhead so it does not dry out, which may not be fully covered when just shut off.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Bob?