Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Am just about to install HP Deskjet 3055a onto new Lenovo

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Am just about to install HP Deskjet 3055a onto new Lenovo ideapad 500. Was only reading the advice on webpage when you popped up. I no longer have the disk and wonder if I can just plug printer in with USB cable and Lenovo will find drivers to suit. Unfortunately as I type my antivirus has come over on top of this message and decided to install at the same time. Think I've just shut the av down.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I lost the original HP disk. Nothing else relevant I can think of. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Printer Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You need to install the drivers and software first. Go to this website --> http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-3050A-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---J6/4311836/model/5224265/drivers

Click GO under Option 2

Next to "HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer series - J611 Full Feature Software and Driver" click Download button on right. This will download the latest drivers and software. Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to setup your printer.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through the steps.