Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a Cannon MX870 printer connected to a Apple laptop. I

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MX870 printer connected to a Apple laptop. I need instructions how to scan into the computer. Can u help me or direct me to some one who could
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are many ways to scan. The easiest method is by using Apple's Image Capture application. Go to Applications folder and you will find the Image Capture application in there. Open it and you will find your printer on the left side under Devices. Click it and click Scan.

Another way is, open Preview application from Applications. Click on File menu and select Import from Scanner. Then follow the onscreen instructions to scan.

If you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will walk you through the steps.