Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

On my Brother MFC-J625DW I have cleaned and cleared the

Customer Question

On my Brother MFC-J625DW I have cleaned and cleared the paper jam and when close the lid it cycles and and piece of paper comes out and the the warning of a paper jam comes back up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Remove all paper from paper trays and paper sources.
Keep clearing the interior of the printer, several time. Eventually the paper will not come out. And the printer should signal a simple 'Paper Out' or 'No Paper' condition.

In which case, put paper in only one, the main, paper source. (If something happens at this point, stop short and tell me what happened and exactly what error message appears.)

If that doesn't clear the error about the paper jam, then turn the printer Off for a while - say, 2 hours or more.

See if that clears up the error, once the printer has been cleared of paper, and also cooled off and given a rest.

If that does not clear it up, then tell me, at that point, exactly what the error message is, in full and exactly, once you have done all that in that order and no more. And I will advise you further, as appropriate.