Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Printer has an error how do I fix that

Customer Question

Mark printer has an error for D how do I fix that
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

what exactly do you mean by 'error for D"

is there an error message on the printer ?

on the computer ?

what does it say exactly ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The message comes up on my printer it says scanner error 4D
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It comes on as soon as you turn on the printer and will not do anything oust the matter what you do turn it all back on I've tried pushing the buttons I just can't figure it out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This happen after a paper jam would know what that would have to do with the scanner but maybe those messed up the program someway

i cant find anything on that error. i suspect that the scanner unit is physically broken and it wont move when the printer goes through its startup process.

You can try unplugging it from the wall while it is still turned on

wait 20 minutes or so and then plug it in again

that should reset the entire printer

But if there is something physically broken in there the error will just pop up again.

You would need to have it repaired or replaced frankly its probably cheaper to just buy a new one. I think i just bought one from best buy for about 60 bucks.

If it is still under warrantee you can get it replaced by epson.(800)(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I'll try that thanks

ok. i am heading off for the night. i will be here tomorrow if you want to post back, but i dont think there is much more i can do for you. as i said i suspect that its just physically broken and there isnt much you can do for that unless epson will help you under warranty

If you found my answer helpful i would really appreciate if you would give me a good or excellent rating

your rating is the only way that i can receive any credit from this website for my efforts