Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

How do I open the scanner lid so I can clean all the dust

Customer Question

How do I open the scanner lid so I can clean all the dust and debre inside the printer? I can't get it open wide enough to get in to clean the paper rollers.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

You didn't mention the model of the printer that you have. However, on most printers can do this by lifting up not just food scanner cover, but be part of the scanner that is under the glass. You can also turn the printer around and remove the duplex assembly on most printers. Duplex assembly is usually removed by pressing tabs in on both sides and pulling straight out. I'm assuming your printer has a duplexing assembly because you mentioned that you are doing it on both sides. Between these two areas, you should be able to reach what you need to in order to clean it out. You have any questions, please let me know.