Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Back. and I'm going trying to reassemble the pick mechanism

Customer Question

Hi back. I'm TJ and I'm going nuts trying to reassemble the pick mechanism on my HP 7590. In particular, how do I insert the 'stack stopper'? It has come off and I see no way to connect it to the pick assembly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Uh...Well, I removed the ADF pick assembly to access a nasty paper jam. The Jam is gone but I cannot see where the stack stopper connects to the pick assembly...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi TJ,

Please see the following teardown for a similar model which should help:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HP+Officejet+Pro+L7580+Teardown/4495

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I wasn't accurate enough in my question. The promlem is with the Automatic Document Feeder in my HP l7590. Even more specifically, tne "pick" assembly. I had to remove the pick assembly to deal with a monater jam. Putting the pick back in place is where the fun began. A few yfears ago, i managed to perform this trick. I cannot do it now (old age, i guess). I need instructions (with photos) to break down an reassemble the pick and correcrly insert it back into the ADF