Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

MY BROTHER MFC-9325CW WILL NOT LET ME MANUALLY FEED

Customer Question

MY BROTHER MFC-9325CW WILL NOT LET ME MANUALLY FEED ENVELOPES TO PRINT!!! IT KEEPS GIVING ME A "jAM - REMOVE JAM" AND THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING INSIDE THATS JAMMED UP !!!! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN REALLY FUSSY ABOUT FEEDING ENVELOPES AND POST CARDS INTO THE MANUAL FEED - V E R Y S L O W L Y.......... BUT IT REFUSES TO EVEN TAKE THEM ANYMORE !!! pLEASE h e l p !
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you opened up the ADF feeder and looked in there for a jam, also?

There may be a switch, sensor switch, or similar, jammed, fouled, or just plain broken, in the manual feed area. Check for that, after removing all paper stock from it, with a flashlight.

After that, you printer may simply be 'broken' (what with the previous fussiness you report about its using the manual feed, which has simply gotten worse perhaps), and in need of either service-repairing or replacing. How old is your printer?

(You might try blowing compressed air into the manual feed slot, if you cannot see into it and verify that it is clean.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK ! I GAVE IT A SHOT OF AIR, AND IT STARTED LIKE IT WAS GOING TO PRINT, BUT INSTEAD OF A "jAM" IT GAVE ME A "DRUM ERROR" AND THEN STARTED LISTING ALL OF THE CARTRIDGES, EACH COLOR ! I REMOVED EACH OF THE TONER CARTRIDGES AND LIFTED OUT THE NEXT "FLAT PIECE" WHATEVER THAT IS, AND "JIGGLED" THE THING UNDERNEATH OF THAT, THEN REPLACED EVERYTHING, TRIED TO PRINT MY ENVELOPE AGAIN, AND GOT THE "JAM INSIDE" MESSAGE !!!! ughhhhh!

Turn it Off for 1 hour or longer. See if that resets the error. (Also unplug it while it is Off.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, THANKS . DON'T EVER BUY A BROTHER!!! THE COLORS DON'T PRINT TRUE AND IT HAS BEEN A PIECE OF JUNK!!! THANKS FOR A L L $50.00 OF YOUR HELP !!!!

How old is the Brother printer?