John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a MG6820 connected by USB to a Win7 desktop. have

Customer Question

I have a MG6820 connected by USB to a Win7 desktop. have tried wizard on CDROM and also by downloading drivers. Printer is recognized on the 'devices and printers' window, and lower right-screen balloon message says drivers loaded. Canon wizard window says printer is connected. I try printing, and it does not print, shows message that says something like "a prior print job is keeping this one from printing." so I manual cancel any print jobs in the queue try again, and same thing happens, says prior print job preventing this one. I can't see to get past there, and now canon wizard window has gone back to "printer not detected".
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer or new computer? Or was it working previously?

Does this issue also occur when connecting the printer to any other USB port at the back of the Desktop computer?

Are the USB ports on your computer currently working? (Test connecting a USB flash drive or an external USB hard drive to the computer, and check.)

Do you have another USB printer cable to try?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Do you have Wi-Fi / wireless at home? What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.