For the Brother printer model MFC-9970CDW, please try the following (if it's a different printer model, please let me know):
STEP 1: If possible, please do the following on the printer device:
- Disconnect printer's USB cable from printer and computer.
- On the printer, press the MENU button, then use up /down buttons to select Network option, then option WLAN, then option Setup Wizard, then if prompted "WLAN Enable?", then select On. Then select / connect to your wifi / wireless network name. Please click on the website below for full detailed instructions:
; Note: wi-fi / wireless password ***** key, if any, is case-sensitive.
- Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center, then if it shows Public network or Work network, then click on option Home network.
- Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the Brother... program, if it's there
, then restart the computer, then download and install the Full Driver & Software Package at the Brother website below:
, during installation, make sure to select the option Wireless Network Connection when prompted.
- If needed, please click on the Brother website below for another solution:
- If it does not work, or if it's a different model, please let me know.
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.