John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon printer MG 5540 and it keeps going offline.

Customer Question

i have a canon printer MG 5540 and it keeps going offline. tells me to turn it on, it is already turned on, reconnected again to the lan and nothing worked. I can copy but cannot print
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every time i send my document to be printed it will tell me the following:The printer is offline.Check that the printer is connected and the printer power is on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass fine (not printing from the computer)?

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.