Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am changing my printer's toner vut it wont work when i

Customer Question

I am changing my printer's toner vut it wont work when i dwap them out
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It keeps giving error status with the new toner
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No its the exact same cartridge and it works with the old fine and nothing with the new
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Printer Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the old cartridge, when put in, makes the error message about new toner or the like, go away, then something is quite wrong with the new toner cartridge! put the old one back in if it is not too dirty with disposing of, etc., then get a newer new toner cartridge, and try it out.

The 'new' cartridge that produced the error message should, once it is verified that the second toner cartridge eliminates the error, be packed up in original packaging and sent back for a refund! as defective, and promptly.

Note: if the second new/newer cartridge is remanufactured or 'compatible', or a refilled cartridge, then it may turn out to be defective for a good reason: cheap re-usage to less than excellent specs, or poor quality control.

Note again: If you need further help, please state your printer's maker and model #. And if you don't need further help, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.