Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

How do I fix Error Code “0xf1 Epson Error Code” on my Epson

Customer Question

Hi Michelle,
How do I fix Error Code “0xf1 Epson Error Code” on my Epson WF-3520?
Thanks,
Derek
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Error 0xF1 is FATAL and it indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right side during startup. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flash light to check inside the printer. Also look for paper jam.

You can also take out the cartridge and put it back and check then.

Also open the cover and gently push the head manually to left if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break.

Unfortunately this is a mechanical issue. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a mechanical failure.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault. You will have to send it back to Epson to get it repaired because the machine has to be dissembled and replace the parts or fix the parts.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied and you can ignore the rating request. You can close this page without rating.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Carefully look inside the printer for any foreign objects like paper clips, plastics,tapes, paper pieces etc. Even a small piece of paper in the way of head movement will obstruct its movement and cause this error. This is not a software/firmware glitch. This is a mechanical issue.

Refer this sample article to clear paper jams --> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?infoType=FAQ&oid=232591&foid=254073

Let me know how it goes please