Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I recently purchased an Epson stylus photo rx-580 all in one

Customer Question

Good evening. I recently purchased an Epson stylus photo rx-580 all in one printer and I downloaded the software from the Epson website. the printer shows communication between the two devices, but the message that keeps appearing on the printer screen doesn't go away. its reading " A printer error has occurred, See your documentation. " can you please assist me. Thank You.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what information would you need and where do I find it?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry for the delay... it's late in the evening on the East Coast, for one.

I suspect from what you have said, that your printer may ultimately have to be returned to the store as defective. But first let's try the following:

1. what Windows version is on your computer?

go to Control Panel - System and Security - System

and find whether it is Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10, there.

Then also look for its

System Type

which should be either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Tell me what you find out that way, please.

2. place one sheet on the glass sheet under the scanner cover / top cover, and try to do a photocopy of it. (Use a small black-and-white original, no need to do a color copy.)

Can the printer photocopy?

3. once I have all the information we can do an uninstall-reinstall perhaps.

4. has this computer worked with any printer before this? and how recently, at the latest?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
windows 8.1 and 64 bit. its not the computer. its the printer displaying error message.

Please, place one sheet on the glass sheet under the scanner cover / top cover, and try to do a photocopy of it. (Use a small black-and-white original, no need to do a color copy.)

Can the printer photocopy?