Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My HP Office Jet Pro 8610 will not print good quality

Customer Question

My HP Office Jet Pro 8610 will not print good quality envelopes, saying wrong size, My publisher used #10 and the exact size I use. The printer had done this in great fashion in the past.
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Where does the wrong size message appear? on the printer, or on the computer screen?

Are you printing from MS Word? if so, check that MS Word's printing settings, and the printer's driver settings on the computer, and the printer's own settings plug your choice of paper tray, are all correct.

Note that if you set the envelope size to e.g. 9 x 3 inches, it may have to be set to 3 x 9 inches instead... or the like. Getting the order of the two dimensions wrong can do that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The message appears on the printer. I use Microsoft Publisher. The measurements I see are exactly correct.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am deaf and use a CapTel phone so I see what you say on the screen.

I regret to have to say, I do not know MS Publisher well enough to advise you, so I have Opted Out, giving up the case to another Expert.